There are 5 reasons why I am running this way:
- My opponent, career politician Mike Crapo, has considerable name recognition as well as over 5 million dollars in his campaign coffers, 98% of which comes from out of state.
- Had I run now as a Republican candidate, I would have lost in the May 17th primary due to lack of name recognition and lack of funds. I am not in this race to lose. I needed more time and money to effectively compete against a 30+ year career politician.
- Running as an unaffiliated Independent Conservative candidate means that I did not appear in the May 17th primary, this strategy gives me more time to spread my message and gather contributions.
- Including “Conservative” in my brand is a way to assure Idaho voters that my background is that of a true, lifelong America First Patriot. Without this association it would be difficult to win the race as an Independent.
- The Republican party bosses would never support a challenger to an incumbent. They are perfectly happy with the status quo, good old boy system. Are you?